Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Some photos are not uploading to Camera Uploads

Explorer | Level 3

I'm transferring a ton of pictures and screenshots to Dropbox, but it keeps skipping some files completely. Likewise, I've had some files since April that have not uploaded at all. And my Dropbox says it's up to date. Does it just go for the most recent files and then goes to upload older files later or is it just not uploading at all? It's super annoying...please help me...

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Some photos are not uploading to Camera Uploads

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @crazycarlos08 - sorry to hear about this. 

Could you please send me the following information to help me troubleshoot this further?
1. Send me the original image that wasn't uploaded to Dropbox
2. Manually upload the photo into Dropbox (using the plus button in the app). Once it's uploaded, open the photo and tap the "i" icon to reveal the metadata for the image. Could you send me a screenshot of that screen?
3. Send me a screenshot of your "Photos" app clearly showing the thumbnail of an image that wasn't uploaded to Dropbox. Could you then send a screenshot of the "Photos" tab in the Dropbox app showing that the image doesn't exist there?

Thanks in advance Carlos!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I went into my Photos tab to check and it turns out that I have a whopping 5,246 files that are "Waiting for Wi-Fi" in order to upload. Could this be what is causing the issue, and I need to use my cellular data to upload them?

Edit: It now says my Dropbox is full, but that's something I can fix in the morning.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick response @crazycarlos08 - most appreciated!

If you have a strong WiFi connection, there shouldn't be a need to use your cellular data to do this. 

On a relevant note, you won't be able to upload any more files unless you bring your account under its allocated quota again as when you're over your quota syncing stops. 

If you need to get your account under quota you can do any of the following:

1. Upgrade your account – check out www.dropbox.com/plans for other information.
  2. Increase your quota using referrals bonuses or other promotions.
  3. Leave any shared folders that put you over quota.
  4. Move files that don't need to sync out of your Dropbox folder.

I hope this helps to some extent and please keep me posted on your progress. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?