cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somehow my files are deleted and i can't find them anywhere

Somehow my files are deleted and i can't find them anywhere

Coffister
New member | Level 2

Hi guys, i recently upgraded my PC so before that i backed up some images that i needed to my work. The problem is that they simply disappered. I can see all folders but no files in them. 

It's the switched PC a problem? It's not 30 days period after the files was deleted(?) yet so i can still get them back somehow.
I saw around 10 thousand files deleted that date i switched but i can't recover them.

I need help ASAP.

Thanks everyone that will help somehow!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Somehow my files are deleted and i can't find them anywhere

Mark
Super User II

How did you upload them? Did you give it enough time to do so? 10,000 files is going to take a LOT of time to upload and quite a bit of space - have you got enough space? www.dropbox.com/account will show it. 

You should be able to see exactly what has uploaded etc. via www.dropbox.com/events

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

How did you upload them? Did you give it enough time to do so? 10,000 files is going to take a LOT of time to upload and quite a bit of space - have you got enough space? www.dropbox.com/account will show it. 

You should be able to see exactly what has uploaded etc. via www.dropbox.com/events

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Coffister
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, i managed to get them from my old computer. Thanks anyways for the quick reply.

Have a nice day.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Coffister New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?