cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space issue in a shared folder

Highlighted

Space issue in a shared folder

New member | Level 2

Hy.

I shared a folder with a friend to pass large files, +2Gb, but his DP is only the Basic (2GB), but mine is 22GB.

When he sends two or more files whose sum is bigger than 2GB, it accuses "no more space", but why does it happens if the folder is mine and I have much more space?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Space issue in a shared folder

Super User II

@GeorgeCosta wrote:

When he sends two or more files whose sum is bigger than 2GB, it accuses "no more space", but why does it happens if the folder is mine and I have much more space?

The folder exists in his account, so it takes up space in his account. He doesn't get to benefit from your increased space.

If you just need him to send you files, and he doesn't need to access them after he uploads them to you, send him a file request instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@GeorgeCosta wrote:

The folder exists in his account, so it takes up space in his account. He doesn't get to benefit from your increased space.

If you just need him to send you files, and he doesn't need to access them after he uploads them to you, send him a file request instead.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Rich, very thank you! I didn't know this feature. It will help me a lot!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?