cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Dropbox dialogue box from opening when I connect my phone to my laptop

Stop Dropbox dialogue box from opening when I connect my phone to my laptop

Ribenacurrent
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I would like to stop Dropbox from opening a dialogue, pop-up box every time I connect my phone to my laptop. I have clicked on the buttons 'never for this device' and 'cancel' but it still keeps showing up every time. It stops me from downloading pictures from my phone as it continually pops up every second.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@fhabermacher wrote:

@Lusil, In my Dropbox Desktop version (Windows) there seems to be no (no more?) "Import" tab in these settings ...

In the more recent releases the Import tab has been replaced with a Backups tab. This is where you'll find the options for Camera Uploads.

3aefbcc6f1802b76f25baeaca385add4.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Ribenacurrent

As a first step, could you please clarify if your AutoPlay Settings in your desktop app’s Import settings are set accordingly? 

Spoiler
You can check this by:
  1. Clicking on the Dropbox icon that’s next to your computer’s clock. 
  2. Selecting the gear icon that appears on your Notifications menu. 
  3. Going to Preferences…
  4. Navigating to the Import tab. 
  5. Clicking on Change AutoPlay Settings. 
Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fhabermacher
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Lusil, In my Dropbox Desktop version (Windows) there seems to be no (no more?) "Import" tab in these settings, and no other obvious place for the "AutoPlay Settings". However, I have the same issue with the dialogue box. Any help with this?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@fhabermacher wrote:

@Lusil, In my Dropbox Desktop version (Windows) there seems to be no (no more?) "Import" tab in these settings ...

In the more recent releases the Import tab has been replaced with a Backups tab. This is where you'll find the options for Camera Uploads.

3aefbcc6f1802b76f25baeaca385add4.png

fhabermacher
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you, that helped! As far as I understand, this actually mainly links to Window's own Auto Play settings, which one could alternatively also access directly through the general Windows menu.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

fhabermacher Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?