cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop dropbox from stealing screenshots?

Highlighted

Stop dropbox from stealing screenshots?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I just discovered all of my screenshots are being uploaded to dropbox instead of going to my captures folder. I can not find a way to stop this. I went to the help article that should show me how to chenge this setting but when I click my avatar in the app it only opens up a box with my avatar and the word owner. No preferences option. I tried the help bot but it was useless and just linked me that same article. Can I get some guideance on this? I saw other people are having this issue even after uninstalling the app from their computer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Stop dropbox from stealing screenshots?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Fixed my own issue. Top left hamberger menu. That is where you access preferences, now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Fixed my own issue. Top left hamberger menu. That is where you access preferences, now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Where is this hamberger ? I get only Dropbox icon on top-left.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @MilindT; thanks for joining our Community!

I'm sorry to jump in here; I just wanted to mention that you can disable the automatic syncing of your screenshots by following the steps in the relevant Help Center article; only thing to note is that in the last step you'll need to uncheck the box.

Let us know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?