cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop syncing not pause it

Highlighted

Stop syncing not pause it

New member | Level 2

Another Dropbox user gave me access to a file that is too big for my dropbox. I did not know this until after I started the sync. Now I have all these warnings that I can't access my other Dropbox files until I upgrade to 2TB. I paused the sync because I didn't have the option to stop it all together. I also deleted what had already been synced. I can deal with these massive files another way, but how do I get my Dropbox to quit the sync and allow access to my other stuff.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Stop syncing not pause it

Super User

Hi @DrMAC1 ,

I believe the easiest way to handle is to delete this shared file from Dropbox. Note that deleting it with only remove your copy but not affecting the original file owner.

You may delete the file by accessing dropbox.com directly through your web browser instead of doing it on your desktop.

Cheers

Vicker

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?