cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped Backup, but Dropbox still wants to sync.

Stopped Backup, but Dropbox still wants to sync.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have a problem with Backup. 
I wanted to check what it was, but I quickly found out it wasn't for me. 

However, now after I have unchecked the folders I dont want to sync/backup it still wants to sync. 
I can't exit the progress, it seems. 

What can I do to make it stop the backup? I have done what it said in the troubleshooting (unchecking My Mac in folder), but it still tries to sync whenever sync is ON.

2 Replies 2

Re: Stopped Backup, but Dropbox still wants to sync.

New member | Level 2

Please, help me to post a question: I would like to synchronize some folders on my computer and have some in Dropbox not synchronized, because my hard drive does not support everything ... How to proceed?

Thank you

Re: Stopped Backup, but Dropbox still wants to sync.

Dropboxer

Hey there peeps, thanks for reaching out to us here!

It seems @jayadamsdk that you've disabled the backup feature, so now you can move the contents of the backup folder in Dropbox back to the original locations on your computer.

This will stop them from syncing with your Dropbox account and return them to be only on your computer.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question here 100% @ribamarcampos, can you clarify for me what it is you'd like to achieve?

Are you perhaps referring to having some folders within the Dropbox folder but not have them sync with your account online?

Keep me posted with any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?