cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Size

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

Hi all dropbox users! I have a problem. I have 2 GB storage at dropbox. My dropbox is getting full and i tried to stop sync some folders using selective sync >> preferences, to unlink certain folders, but why it does not increase back the storage in my dropbox? I sync only 700-800MB, but it still says there are 1.5GB regular files in dropbox (unknown files). I can not see which 1.5GB that sync to my dropbox. What should i do?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Storage Size

Dropboxer

Hello there @Dewi Morifa; welcome aboard! 

Files or folders you've selectively un-synced from your device are still counting towards your account's quota as you're always able to access those from our website and are stored on our servers.

If you'd like to make up some space on your account, you can do any of the following: 

1. Increase your quota using referrals bonuses or other promotions.
  2. Leave any shared folders or Spaces that put you over quota.
  3. Move files that don't need to sync out of your Dropbox folder.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?