cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Space - how does it work

Storage Space - how does it work

Mihai2323
New member | Level 2

A curiosity, how does the storage space work? because for a work my boss shared a folder and all of a sudden my storage space ran out, and I didn't even upload a single file. I thought that everyone uploaded to their own space, not that it also occupied that of the people with whom you share a folder.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Storage Space - how does it work

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Mihai2323 

You have misunderstood I'm afraid. Any file in your folder uses your space (unless you are in a Business plan). So the shared folder WILL use your quota.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?