cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Space

Storage Space

donap
Explorer | Level 3

I am a free user and have 28.75 GB of storage space right now.  Dropbox has messaged me that tomorrow 25 GB will "expire" and be removed.  I have 2.88 GB of regular file space used.  Will Dropbox remove any of my files/folders?  I should have 0.87GB of space remaining....right?  I have had this Dropbox for many years with minimal usage lately, so I really don't want to pay the prices to Dropbox.  Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Storage Space

Rich
Super User II

@donap wrote:

Dropbox has messaged me that tomorrow 25 GB will "expire" and be removed.  I have 2.88 GB of regular file space used.  Will Dropbox remove any of my files/folders?

No, Dropbox will not delete any files. If you end up over your storage quota, syncing would just stop until you either upgrade for more space or remove enough files to get back below your quota.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@donap wrote:

Dropbox has messaged me that tomorrow 25 GB will "expire" and be removed.  I have 2.88 GB of regular file space used.  Will Dropbox remove any of my files/folders?

No, Dropbox will not delete any files. If you end up over your storage quota, syncing would just stop until you either upgrade for more space or remove enough files to get back below your quota.

View solution in original post

donap
Explorer | Level 3
That’s a relief. Thanks so much Rich.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

donap Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?