cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage and synchronisation

Storage and synchronisation

FlippereppilF
New member | Level 2

Hi guys

I wasn´t aware till today that Dropbox has my files and folders stored locally on my laptop as well as they synch. with the cloud.

I´d wish my files didn´t take up place on my laptop... is it doable to have them stored in the cloud only?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Storage and synchronisation

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @FlippereppilF, thanks for posting your question here!

If you don't want some of your folders taking up space locally, you can selectively sync them. 

That way, you remove them from your local storage, maintaining them in your account, and having the ability to sync them at any point in time. 

If you're on a paid subscription, you can also use Smart Sync to save local hard drive space. 

Could you have a look at the sort of account that you have by going to the Plan tab?

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Storage and synchronisation

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @FlippereppilF, thanks for posting your question here!

If you don't want some of your folders taking up space locally, you can selectively sync them. 

That way, you remove them from your local storage, maintaining them in your account, and having the ability to sync them at any point in time. 

If you're on a paid subscription, you can also use Smart Sync to save local hard drive space. 

Could you have a look at the sort of account that you have by going to the Plan tab?

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?