cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage limit after deleting

Storage limit after deleting

New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox basic plan with 2.75 Gb and it says I am over storage. I deleted files from my PC, and when logged onto my dropox account in my browser, that synced, but I was still over the limit. Logged onto my dropox account in my browser, I also deleted all "shared" folders. I have tried clearing the cache on my pc and my browser cache, no luck. Uninstalled from all of my devices, didn't help. I am sure that the files I have left should be under the limit. How do I resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Storage limit after deleting

Dropboxer

Hi @LB10, let's have a look into this together. 

Since you've tried freeing up some space already - great work on the troubleshooting by the way! - could it be that there's one or two very large files?

You could check your Plan tab to give us a hint on whether it's personal or shared content that's the issue. 

If you could send me a screenshot of it as well, that would be super helpful. 

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer

Hi @LB10, let's have a look into this together. 

Since you've tried freeing up some space already - great work on the troubleshooting by the way! - could it be that there's one or two very large files?

You could check your Plan tab to give us a hint on whether it's personal or shared content that's the issue. 

If you could send me a screenshot of it as well, that would be super helpful. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Hi @Lusil, 

I'm positive it's not the shared files (I've removed all of them). See also the screenshot below. (Is this what you meant by 'sending you' a screenshot? I couldn't figure out if there's a pm system on here...)

Capture.PNG

New member | Level 2

So @Lusil, you were right, there was one very large file. A movie that I had overlooked in my quest to remove many files.

So I struggled with finding the culprit, until I found the 'calculate size' option under the three dots to the right of each folder. Then I could see which folder was much larger than expected, and thus I was able to track down the offending file.

Thanks for your assistance!

Dropboxer

Awesome work with the troubleshooting, @LB10! Glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of it. 

If you have any other questions in the future, just give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?