cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage

Tom M.19
New member | Level 2

I've already spent most of today attempting to upload a QuickTime movie to my account to share with an editor. It took over 2 hours to upload the file. Fine. No problem. Time not an issue. But what's infuriating is to get a message from Dropbox, AFTER 2-plus hours of supposed uploading, that there's not enough space in my account, which I'd already depleted substantially. So I went back, deleted EVERYTHING, and uploaded the video again. Now 30-plus minutes away from successful delivery. Allegedly. But I'm almost positive it won't go through and I'll get yet another infuriating message that I need to add more space by upgrading my account. So here's my question: If that's the reality (and the endgame) why not just alert your customers BEFOREHAND so we don't have to endure this BS??!! Welcome any and all thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Re: Storage

Rich
Super User II

@Tom M.19 wrote:

... why not just alert your customers BEFOREHAND so we don't have to endure this BS??!!

Are you uploading through a browser? If so, then the Dropbox site likely can't tell how big your file is until it's complete, and so it just allows you to upload until you've reached the limit of your quota.

Re: Storage

Tom M.19
New member | Level 2

Thanks for this response and information. Much appreciated. The good news is it went through! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?