cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage

Storage

rattanhk
New member | Level 2
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am confused that lately I have been getting a message from Dropbox that I have gone over the limit of size allowed in my dropbox account. 

When I check the total size of all the folders/files in dropbox in File Explorer, it shows that I am using only 413MB of space.

Would it be possible to explain to me what exactly is the problem?

I am using only 413MB, whereas the message says: Using 7.67 GB of 7.5 GB.

Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Rattan 
1 Reply 1

Re: Storage

Rich
Super User II

@rattanhk wrote:
I am using only 413MB, whereas the message says: Using 7.67 GB of 7.5 GB.

You have more then 413MB of data in your account. Check your Plan page to see what your account usage is. Whatever that page shows is your real usage. You could have folders in your account that you're not syncing to your computer, perhaps removed with Selective Sync.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?