cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck "importing photos..."

Stuck "importing photos..."

James P.45
New member | Level 2

My dropbox is set to auto import/upload my iphone photos, which it is doing. But it keeps telling me it's "importing photos..." and the menubar symbol is constantly the camera symbol that usually comes up when its importing. It's like its stuck.

Any help?

System: Macbook Pro, OSX El Capitan.

90 Replies 90

Michael K.109
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem, except it's worse -- it doesn't always import the photos. It just constantly says it's importing the photos. 

steve A.23
New member | Level 1

Same problem ... tried removing app and reinstalling.  No change.  When I quit Dropbox, the issue disappears for awhile, at least until I connect my iPhone again.  MacMini running MacOS 10.11.2 and Dropbox 3.12.6

Daniel C.88
New member | Level 1

I am also finding that photos are not importing anymore, just the constant 'Importing photos...' message. Running DB 3.12.6 on El Capitan 10.11.2 and connecting an iPhone 6S Plus.

The only temporary fix is to Quit the Dropbox app but photos do not get imported and it gets stuck again when the phone is next connected. 

Michael K.109
New member | Level 1

I've been in correspondence with Dropbox support about this. They requested some additional info and screenshots, which I just sent, and when I learn how to fix it, I'll share the solution here as well.

Nikesh C.
New member | Level 1

Same as everyone above. Camera symbol instead of Dropbox symbol is showing and when I click on 'View import progress' it shows that it is still importing photos/videos with the amount of time left.

Stays like this regardless if my phone is connected or not. Hopefully a solution is posted soon as this is annoying me

Michael K.109
New member | Level 1

Here's an update that might help somebody, but it did not help me. I received a response (pasted below) from Dropbox support about this problem. I followed the instructions you see below, but it did not fix the problem for me. But maybe it will help one of you. I contacted Dropbox support again to tell them that it didn't work, and I will let you know if they are able to fix it (and how).

Response from Dropbox:

Currently this Pro account is joined to a free team and that is preventing you from using Camera Uploads.

The free team is viewed as a Business account which is why your photos are not uploading automatically.

To resolve this issue, you'll simply need to leave your free team. You can easily leave the team by going here:

https://www.dropbox.com/team

To leave the team, click the 'Leave team' button at the top right hand side of the page. This will return your account to a personal account.

Please note that when you leave a team, you will no longer have access to any files in your team folder. If you would like to retain access to files within the folder, you can make a copy before leaving the team by following the instructions in this help center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/152

Shayne B.1
New member | Level 1

Same issue for me, the Team thing didn't help (wasn't in a team).

Michael K.109
New member | Level 1

Yeah, sorry Shayne. It didn't work for me either, but I figured I'd share it in case it helped someone. 

I will post whatever solution they offer next!

MK

Daniel J.21
New member | Level 1

Same problem here - happened just after I updated to El Capitan from Yosemite.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Warren T.1 Explorer | Level 3
    MarkWilson Explorer | Level 4
    francoruarte Explorer | Level 4
    Max K.2 New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?