cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuck "importing photos..."

Stuck "importing photos..."

James P.45
New member | Level 2

My dropbox is set to auto import/upload my iphone photos, which it is doing. But it keeps telling me it's "importing photos..." and the menubar symbol is constantly the camera symbol that usually comes up when its importing. It's like its stuck.

Any help?

System: Macbook Pro, OSX El Capitan.

90 Replies 90

Shayne B.1
New member | Level 1

10.11.3 (15D21)

John G.139
New member | Level 1

That is what I thought you were going to say. That really put a wrench in the gears for those who are blaming it on compatibility with El Capitan. 

Peter P.49
New member | Level 1

John G. - Could be identical symptoms but different root cause. 

Glad to hear my solution helped at least one person out.

John G.139
New member | Level 1

I think you hit the nail right on the head. There are definitely different root causes. I would love to see Dropbox chime in and give us some ideas. 

Matthew K.11
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue. It's stuck on "Importing photos" and I don't even have a device connected. I find that if I quit the Dropbox app and reopen it the message will go away for a period of time, then it comes back as soon as I connect my phone.

My specs: 

• I'm running the latest 3.14.7 of Dropbox for Mac
  • I'm running Mac OS X 10.11.4 Beta (15E33e)
  • I've got both a personal paid Dropbox account as well as a Dropbox for Business connected

Tammer S.
New member | Level 1

Same issue here.  OS X 10.11.3 (15D21); Dropbox v3.17.32.

Daniel J.21
New member | Level 1

I've given up on this issue ever being fixed or acknowledged by dropbox.

I'm just using the iOS app to upload via wifi now ... I tried using image capture which ended up giving files different file names "IMGxxxxx.jpg" and created big mess of duplicates.

John G.139
New member | Level 1

@Daniel J. We have all given up on Dropbox interaction and have gone the same route by updating through wifi. 

Alexandru N.1
New member | Level 1

I cannot upload by Wifi because I don't want to lose the 3-second movies that iPhone 6s is making and iOS Dropbox isn't compatible with those.

I've waited patiently for several months for this issue to be fixed in some fashion. I've also been a faithful paying customer, preferring to pay a premium on Dropbox instead of cheaper alternatives. Well, along with other issues I've had with the OS X client and the web interface, just dropping a note that I've just canceled my subscription.

Cheers,

Brains J.
New member | Level 1

I had the same issue importing from my iPhone 6s. All photos and videos from two specific days were not importing even though photos taken on days prior to and after imported successfully.

I deleted pictures from my iPhone photo library that were saved to the phone by the Snapseed editor. Restarted Dropbox and everything imported fine.

Need more support?