cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuck "importing photos..."

Stuck "importing photos..."

James P.45
New member | Level 2

My dropbox is set to auto import/upload my iphone photos, which it is doing. But it keeps telling me it's "importing photos..." and the menubar symbol is constantly the camera symbol that usually comes up when its importing. It's like its stuck.

Any help?

System: Macbook Pro, OSX El Capitan.

90 Replies 90

Max K.2
New member | Level 2

Still have same problem...

Chris J.18
New member | Level 1

Can I join the queue? Running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5, DB 5.4.24 and importing via iPhone 6S. DB 'import' icon constantly there and view import progress just stuck. Been like this for several months despite trying all the above.Not very upbeat on anything getting sorted anytime soon...

John H.182
New member | Level 1

Same here, still down.

I'm  really close to using iCloud for photos again... I REALLY don't want to do that.

First Carousel is killed off, which did a great job  managing space on the iPhone for photos.  Now, I have to open up the iOS dropbox app to get photos off the device... kinda annoying.  Even with iOS dropbox background uploading enabled.    

On my wife's phone is more annoying b/c she doesn't have as much local storage on the phone as I do.  

Brad H.11
New member | Level 1

Same problem here. Has been for quite some time. 

Always the camera icon, always importing. Never know what Dropbox is actually doing. Syncing/Importing/Stuck ...

Niklas N.
Helpful | Level 5

I've had this problem in the past when Dropbox tries to import large video files from my iPhone. Copying over them to my drive and then deleting them from my iPhone helped.

Now I'm having this problem again, after rebuilding the iCloud Photos library on my iPhone. There's no large videos in there this time, so I'm unsure why this is happening now.

Based on my previous problems, it's probably some "offending" (from Dropbox's perspective) photo or video causing the hangup.

When it's stuck in this state, it's actually proper stuck and no syncing will happen (including normal Dropbox syncing over WAN/LAN). The only solution is to quit Dropbox and restart, and disable Import of Photos until you can figure out what may be the problem.

Mathew F.
New member | Level 1

Yup, add me to the list here. Dropbox icon is always a camera, always says "importing photos"

April L.
New member | Level 1

Exact same problem you guys are experiencing & no answers. Why doesn't Dropbox have a fix in 6+ months?

Victor Andrew O
New member | Level 1

Same issue.  Mac

Ilan B.
New member | Level 2

Same issue on Mac. With iPhone 6 plus and iCloud account ...

Waiting for a solution ...

Jim H.35
New member | Level 1

es h me Iphone 6 Plus....and iCloud account....photos import hanging! What can I do?!

Need more support?