cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuck "importing photos..."

Stuck "importing photos..."

James P.45
New member | Level 2

My dropbox is set to auto import/upload my iphone photos, which it is doing. But it keeps telling me it's "importing photos..." and the menubar symbol is constantly the camera symbol that usually comes up when its importing. It's like its stuck.

Any help?

System: Macbook Pro, OSX El Capitan.

90 Replies 90

Douglas R.8
New member | Level 2

The only solution is to stop using Dropbox for photo storage. I'm sure it's Apple, having changed something in order for iPhones to use iCloud more exclusively. 

Dropbox is for business efficiency, and maybe we just shouldn't try to use it for things like pictures. Google Drive is working very well for that, as does iCloud if you pay for it. 

Victor Andrew O
New member | Level 1

I just used Image Capture on my Mac to import the photos. Obviously Dropbox has failed.

John G.139
New member | Level 1

This thread has gotten old. Guys, you can keep ranting about our broken Dropbox software and I hope it makes you feel better. Please know if Dropbox were going to do anything about it, they have had over a year to do so and it would already be done. As for this crap. I found the best solution is to shut off picture import on your Macbook and turn on picture export on your phone. It works. And now, a moment of silence to acknowledge Dropbox's silence on this matter. Shame. 

Mattia R.
New member | Level 1

Same problem here!

Ilan B.
New member | Level 2

I thing the probleme is solved with mac os sierra ? 

Is it good for you ?

Christopher R.17
New member | Level 2

I have the same thing happening, it's stuck on the camera icon, and I don't even have an iphone or any photos to sync.

Niklas N.
Helpful | Level 5

I have been in contact with Dropbox support concerning this issue a couple of months ago. After they had me doing several non-sensical troubleshooting steps that just felt like a waste of time (reinstalling Dropbox, resyncing everything from scratch, etc) I finally got word that their engineers are aware of this issue.

However, I'm not hopeful that they are actually going to do something about it soon. I get the feeling that they really just want to discontinue this feature, or maybe they don't have the resources to fix it right now.

Maybe if more people pressure Dropbox about this issue, will it eventually be fixed.

Jeff M.56
New member | Level 1

It's ridiculous that they don't fix it.  They're a growing company and doing well.  It's a known issue, and we pay a ton for our business account, like most people.  If I wanted Microsoft style support, I'd use SkyDrive.

Christopher R.17
New member | Level 2

I closed it and restarted the computer and it is gone now.

luiz0930
New member | Level 2

I think it has to do with photos on the iphone that were modified in color and brightness. my wife's iphone 6s imports normally but my iphone 6s plus does not. The only difference is that i modified some of the pictures in my phone to upload on fb. It is hard to undo those changes since im uploading lots of pictures and videos from a vacation in Europe. 

This is lame

Need more support?