cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck syncing

Stuck syncing

Explorer | Level 4

Stuck syncing.

Clicking the icon and clicking the arrow does not work. It simply says "Checking for Updates" "Please hold while we.."

I cannot check which files are syncing. So "first check on which file it's stuck" can't solve this issue.

4 Replies 4

Re: Stuck syncing

Dropboxer

Hi @Socurious, thanks for messaging the Community!

If you're getting this message, it means it's taking time to see if there are any changes to files on your account. How many files do you have on your account approximately?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

"it means it's taking time to see if there are any changes to files on your account."  Why is dropbox doing this for forever? I didn't reinstall dropbox on my PC. I was using my computer as usual.  This is the screenshot.

Screenshot_8.png

Syncing just 738 files? Why can't I even check which files are being synced?

Can you do remote control or skype-like communication with me to directly check what the issue is?

Explorer | Level 4

Because there are files that I need to urgently sync, I tried "Mouse right click on the file => Click Sync Now"

But that doesn't sync this file either. It's a 16KB small file. It should sync in 1 second. It's not syncing. 

Can you do direct access to my computer and check it as soon as possible?

Dropboxer

Hey @Socurious!

As this is a public forum, we wouldn't be able to remote access or screen share with your device.

We'd be happy to help out with this where we can from here, or you can also check out your Support options (depending on your plan) from here.

Is the sync status constantly stuck on syncing the same number of files? 

If so, I'd suggest trying these steps to see if that does the trick.

To check which files are syncing, you can navigate to the local Dropbox folder on your computer, and check for the files/folders showing the blue sync icon.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?