cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-folders do not appear, so can’t save to the correct place!

Sub-folders do not appear, so can’t save to the correct place!

Explorer | Level 3

Riddle me this - sometimes I try and save a Word document to a Dropbox sub-folder, but it will not show?  In other words, I can open my Dropbox to a point - my root folder will open, but not all of my sub-folders where I intend to save my work.  This has been happening more and more lately.  I thought it was weak internet, but every other internet based technology in my home works, except this feature on Dropbox.  This leads me to believe that it may be an issue with Dropbox.  

Honestly, I would not care that much, but of course, the sub-folder that will not open is my main work product folder.  I have been keeping these Word documents in a temp folder that I actually can access, and now it is full of work that needs to be saved to other various sub-folders - is there a fix for this? This is not efficient and not work user friendly.

Disgruntled User

5 Replies 5

Re: Sub-folders do not appear, so can’t save to the correct place!

Dropboxer

Hi @ccmeans, thanks for joining the Community!

In order to look into this further, are you able to see the folders on the Dropbox site, or not at all?

Where exactly can you see the folder where you want to save the files?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

Thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance with this matter.  I can see the folders and sub-folders when viewed directly from Dropbox, just not when trying to save to Dropbox from Word.  I shut down my system and then restarted, waited a while, and the sub-folders reappeared!  

Thanks,

Cyril Means

Dropboxer

No worries, glad to hear you were able to resolve this matter, @ccmeans

If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Enjoy your week ahead!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

Please note that it has happened many times and will no doubt happen again.  How can I cure this issue once and for all - it seems to always coincide with when I really need access to my Dropbox sub-folders when it occurs.

Thanks,

Cyril Means

Dropboxer

As I'm not certain of how or when this is occurring, there isn't much else I can suggest, aside from ensuring that your internet connection is reliable when trying to access Dropbox folders, as it sounds like it can't refresh the page to show the folders.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?