cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Suddenly, Dropbox refuses to accept files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Suddenly, Dropbox refuses to accept files (I tried 30 times to upload).  I keep getting "cdgo_placeholder.xml upload error."  The message says "Unable to upload cdgo_placeholder.xml: can’t upload folders or empty files."  How do I fix the problem?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Suddenly, Dropbox refuses to accept files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Welcome to the Dropbox Community @PentaxGuy!

Just so that we're on the same page, can you let me know how you're trying to upload files? For example, via the website, the desktop app on your computer or the mobile app?

If you're using the website, can you try the following quick steps to see if they help with the issue:

• Try using another web browser
  • Try an incognito or private window
  • Clear the browser cache and try again

If you could send along a screenshot of the error message you're getting (excluding any personal info), that would be much appreciated.

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I use Dropbox.com, as I have for several years now, getting burned dvd images to an employer in files of approximately 1.2 gb.  I drag it from the dvd to dropbox, and never had a problem.  Now repeated attempts are met with those error messages.  At first, I'd be able to have the folder accepted after seveer tries, but I attempted to do so this week, and gave up after 30 tries.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @PentaxGuy,

Can you let me know if you tried the bullet point steps mentioned above, and if so did you still see the same error messages when dragging and dropping into the browser?

It would also be worth checking if you have the latest version of the browser that you're using and there aren't any pending updates. Dropbox will work best on the 2 most recent versions of the browsers listed here.

Keep me posted on what you find - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?