cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Slow on iMac only, not other devices

Highlighted

Suddenly Slow on iMac only, not other devices

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, my iMac is suddenly running slow. I've spent hours each day for the last two weeks on the phone with Apple suport. We have done a complete delete & reinstall of my OS, moved almost all files to the cloud or an external drive, but it is still slow. When we disable Dropbox, all is good and speeds are normal, so Dropbox is clearly the culprit. What has changed suddenly?? I don't want to use the web based version of Dropbox, but I cannot work a speeds that take 10 - 40 seconds for each click I do (who can?). My work PC is find and my iPhone and iPad are fine - they have no speed issues and Dropbox is running. Any ideas?

Thanks!

peter

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Suddenly Slow on iMac only, not other devices

Dropboxer

Hi @pmazur; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

As a first step here, have you tried re-installing our desktop app to see if that improves matters?

If the issue persists, you can also try a clean, advanced re-install

While we're at it, you could also have a look at the Help Center article which outlines why the desktop app may be causing high CPU usage on your computer, eventually slowing it down like you mentioned.

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi1

Thanks for the feedback. I think I actually have a hardware issue... Once I rule that out, I'll see if Dropbox is slow.

-peter

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the follow-up here, Peter.

Please do keep us posted on the matter and enjoy the rest of your week! 

See you around!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?