cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Suggestions to improve Paper Experience

Explorer | Level 4
Hi,

I just would like to share to you some suggestions to improve Dropbox Paper. I just switched from Evernote as I would like to centralize all my cloud files on Dropbox. The Dropbox Paper solution is well designed for collaborating but I there are some features that will miss me. I list below some feedbacks and proposals to improve the experience. I hope some of them are currently in developement and I hope that the team will consider them 😉

DROPBOX PAPER DESKTOP APP
  • Add ability to view papers when computer is offline (most important)
  • Add the ability to change the folder where the currently displayed note is saved (like in web app : “Move”)
  • Add in the sidebar a “folder explorer” in order to display/access folders where notes are saved (I use folders to organize my notes by subjects)
    • But keep the “sections” feature : it is a good way to access to the more important notes
  • Split the screen in two panels : left, with the list of .paper notes ; right display the content of the selected .paper note
  • Add Dark Mode
  • Add the ability to hide the “documents for tomorrow” section

DROPBOX PAPER IOS APP :
  • Add Dark mode
  • Make sharing options more accessible (with an icon in the toolbar ??) 
  • Rationalize the design of the app : icons are useless in the home documents list as example ; in the toolbar of a note, you should better display more useful shortcuts than displaying photos 
  • Add the ability to change the folder where the currently displayed note is saved (like in web app : “Move”)
  • Add a “Folders” tab, for displaying all folders where notes are saved

DROPBOX WEB APP : 
  • Add a homepage for displaying the list of all .paper docs (and if possible the folders where they’re saved in) → like the desktop app

DROPBOX PAPER :
  • Add the possibility to define a default folder in Dropbox for saving .paper docs (not in the root folder !) 

Thank you 🙂

F.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Suggestions to improve Paper Experience

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @floooowk, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us here!

Your feedback is always important to us and I appreciate the time it took for you to put all of this into words and share it with everyone here, I've made a note of your comments.

Having the option to edit Paper docs while offline is something that is currently in review by our dev team, so I'd suggest giving this idea a vote to show your support.

You can also check out our "Paper ideas" section for any other posts that you'd like to give a vote to.

If you have any other questions, just give me a nudge here.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?