Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Error loop — Files not syncing on mac (Mojave 10.14.6)

brett k. New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Am having a similar problem to other users that my dropbox syncing is stuck in an eternal loop. Never fully completing the sync process. This is slowing my machine down considerably and now corrupting working files from photoshop if i am working directly to the dropbox folder.

I have tried many trouble shooting methods suggested, even uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Unlinked and relinked my account, fixed permissions, restarted etc..

Reinstalling the application actually made my problem worse, i went from 161 files syncing to 621 files syncing.

This started last week sometime around 24/10/19 completely out of the blue and has been reaking havoc on my sanity ever since.

Dropbox official support is not responding, so if anyone could shed some light into this matter would be amazing!

4 Replies 4

Re: Sync Error loop — Files not syncing on mac (Mojave 10.14.6)

likeme New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Are you using any antivirus? Which one if you are using an antivirus.

New member | Level 2

Hi, no antivirus software in use.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @brett k., thanks for nudging us on the Community. 

Since you've already covered a lot of initial troubleshooting - great work by the way - we'd have to continue via email due to account-specific info that'd be needed to look into this.

I was able to locate your ticket and have passed your comments along to my colleague who's reviewing this for you. As soon as they have more info, they'll get back to you. Rest assured, they'll do their best to assist you. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hello Lusil,

Thank you! I was being assisted by Ron, but perhaps due to timezones, he was not responding..

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?