cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Icons

Sync Icons

Dominik96
New member | Level 2

Hey,

Is this behaviour normal?

So when my business partner edits a file and saves it the "Sync in progress" icon shows up on his end and the file modification date is also updated. Meanwhile on my end i can see the "Synced" icon and the previous date for the file. Once it has been synced on my partner's end it syncs on my side as well.

It's pretty annoying as a file could take minutes to sync on his end so i would work on an older version meanwhile...

My theory is that it works like this:

-He saves the file it shows up as "Sync in progress" on his end

-Once it's synced, it shows up as "Synced" on his end and just after that it shows up on my end as "Sync in progress"

-Once it's synced on my end it also turns to "Synced"

So the Sync mechanism is not paralell i think. Is that right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sync Icons

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Dominik96,

Yes, that's correct. Actually it could be parallel, but only for same actions. Parallel downloads or parallel uploads, but not parallel download and upload together (as in situation you have described). Content could be downloaded (eventually parallel on multiple devices) once its upload entirely in advance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Dominik96,

Yes, that's correct. Actually it could be parallel, but only for same actions. Parallel downloads or parallel uploads, but not parallel download and upload together (as in situation you have described). Content could be downloaded (eventually parallel on multiple devices) once its upload entirely in advance.

View solution in original post

Dominik96
New member | Level 2

Thank you!

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?