cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Issue error message

Sync Issue error message

musicspirit
Explorer | Level 4

I have uploaded successfully several identical folders of DVD files - each folder a back of a DVD with the same content. 

Here is a screenshot of the situation: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vx46vi6xcbd658/DVD%20sync%20issue.jpg?dl=0

As you can see from the screen shot - one of the folders keeps coming up with the same error message that there is a wrong character in the file or folder title. I have withdrawn the file from Dropbox, renamed it and put it back in Dropbox but the same error message keeps coming up. 

By the way - is it possible to upload screenshots directly to this email - the only way I have found to do it is put it in Dropbox and include the link above

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sync Issue error message

Mark
Super User II

My guess is that the folder directory is too long for Windows (usually around 250 characters starting at C:\ being 3 etc.)

Try renaming the folder to something smaller and see if that helps. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

My guess is that the folder directory is too long for Windows (usually around 250 characters starting at C:\ being 3 etc.)

Try renaming the folder to something smaller and see if that helps. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

musicspirit
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Mark! .. I think this is the answer - I shortened the name ( even though i am on a Mac not Windows) and it has started synching

ialexusman
New member | Level 2

I am also facing the same issue, If you found any solution Please let me know, Thanks in Advance ❤️

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ialexusman New member | Level 2
    musicspirit Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?