cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sync gear wheel now unavailable

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Before the new Dropbox update, I was able to go to the icon at the top of my screen, click on the gear box and able or disable sync to free up space on my computer.  I no longer see that gear box.  How do I do that with the new upgdate?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Sync gear wheel now unavailable

Super User II
Super User II

Click on the circle (which may be a photo you've uploaded)/three dots at the top right corner of the new pop out menu.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
...then what? The only choice I see that even remotely addresses this issue, is “make available offline”. I followed your instructions exactly.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @SuzanneW @Suzanne W.4 !

Do you still need help with this?

If you do, kindly share screenshots of the elements missing from your interface, to help us see what you see and troubleshoot with you. 

Thank you in advance!

[This post is closed due to inactivity.]

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?