cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issues with YNAB and the Dropbox mobile app on Samsung

Sync issues with YNAB and the Dropbox mobile app on Samsung

jayflower
Explorer | Level 3

I am using an older version of YNAB on all my devices, macs and a Samsung phone and all have been syncing to dropbox. However recently the phone app suddenly stopped syncing. I've checked all the right boxes are ticked and I haven't changed anything so I'm wondering if dropbox has made an update in the background that no longer allows older apps to sync? Have contacted YNAB and nothing has changed there. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solve?

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jayflower, thanks for posting to our Community.

YNAB is a third party app we don't have an official integration with, but let's see what we can find about this. 

Do you have the latest version of the Dropbox and YNAB apps installed on your phone?

If you clear the cache on the Dropbox app from the app's settings, and then restart your device, does that help at all?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jayflower
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah, 

Thanks for your reply. I managed to find a thread on Reddit that both explains and solves the issue - here's the link in case its helpful to anyone else,

https://www.reddit.com/r/ynab/comments/u4bnmi/ynab_classic_sync/i55vgis/

Many thanks,

Amber

A1apple
Explorer | Level 3
Hello Amber, could you please copy and paste the link for the patch from Reddit here? I can't get onto that site.
Thanks in anticipation

Rich
Super User II

@A1apple wrote:
Hello Amber, could you please copy and paste the link for the patch from Reddit here? I can't get onto that site.

We can't do that. It's a third-party application that's not made by Dropbox, and the patch mentioned on Reddit is made by a user of the software, not the YNAB developers, so it's unofficial and might not be secure. The poster even says that the file isn't signed with the correct keys as only YNAB would have those.

lsbthecaretaker
New member | Level 2

Hello

Same issue since Dropbox has changed

But the patch seems to only work for Android - any patches or fixes for iphone users?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lsbthecaretaker New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    A1apple Explorer | Level 3
    jayflower Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?