cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync keeps dropping my internet

Highlighted

Sync keeps dropping my internet

Explorer | Level 3

I keep getting this issue when sync is active and downloading several GB of data that it will frequently drop my internet connection. This isn't the same as slowing it down, as it will prevent me from accessing websites with connection error. The files that are syncing will also go from 7000kbps to nothing. As soon as I pause the sync, everything returns to normal. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

My system:

Windows 10 Pro

OS build 19041.450 (latest)

70mbit internet connection 

Fairly standard settings otherwise

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Sync keeps dropping my internet

Dropboxer

Hi @MrP Studios, thanks for posting today!

I'm sorry to hear about this matter. Could you try restricting the bandwidth of the Dropbox desktop application to see if this can help?

Otherwise, have you already tried reinstalling the app using this link?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay thanks for the reply. I tried out your suggestions but unfortunately the issue persists. Are there any other things I could try?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It's possible that the app is taking up too many CPU cycle, or RAM. Could you try these steps to see if they help?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Jay I've had a look, but my system is fine when syncing. Am using a Threadripper 2950x and 64gb or ram.

I've tried updating network drivers as well as setting their power options to always on and a couple other random solutions out there. In contrast, when downloading something large from other sources like Steam, torrents, etc, there aren't any issues...

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for further assistance so that they can investigate this matter in more detail.

Once you get a ticket ID, please let me know!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?