cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem with android dropbox app

Highlighted

Sync problem with android dropbox app

Explorer | Level 3

Hello forum,

I have dropbox installed in my desktop PC running Win10 and my wife uses a mobile phone running android OS and has dropbox registered with her mail id. There is a folder in my pc dropbox for her. Logically, when I update the contents or add any file to that, her dropbox app should also be updated simultaneously. But that is not happening. She has to visit dropbox.com and download the files even though she is online all the time. The dropbox app isn’t downloading the files automatically.

The whole purpose of using dropbox is not being served. The same doesn’t happen with my iPhone. The iPhone dropbox is updated automatically. Or when I share some file with my friend who also has dropbox using his mail id, it works fine.

Please help.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Sync problem with android dropbox app

Dropboxer

Hey there @TamalSaha4, thanks for posting here today!

Could you just clarify for me, did you share the folder with her via a shared link or by adding her to the shared folder?

Also, if she can see the changes in the folder in her account online, can you please check the signed in account on the web and mobile app to ensure it's the same?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Dear Daphane,

Thanks for your reply. Here are my replies.

1. I shared the folder by adding her name in the shared folder. Right clicked on the folder, selected 'share' with the dropbox icon beside and then gave her mail id in the box.

2. Yes, she can see the changes online and the login ids are same in web and in her mobile.

Thanks again.

tamal

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @blackbird2020, thanks for nudging us on this thread!

Could you also make sure that they have the latest version of the mobile app installed?

Have you tried rebooting the device itself? 

Keep us posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi there,

Lusil the mobile app installed in her android is up to date and the apps normally gets updated automatically over wifi.

I can do one thing. Tell her to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Will let u know.

Thanks though.

Tamal
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi ,

As said earlier, she uninstalled it and the. Reinstalled the app in her mobile. But nothing happens. This doesnt happen with her Onedrive or google drive apps.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the update here @blackbird2020!

Can you confirm for me if the folder is being checked directly within the Dropbox app on the device?

Also, can you let me know which version of the Dropbox app is installed, and the OS of the mobile?

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?