cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync stuck

Sync stuck

Explorer | Level 4

My dropbox has been stuck in sync for almost three weeks. I've tried restarting and reinstalling the app, unlinking my account, restarting my Mac, select other folders on the intelligent sync to see if the sync rebooted and nothing has worked. What can I do? I've tried everything and it's still stucked. Please help!

9 Replies 9

Re: Sync stuck

Dropboxer

Hi there @Juan Arevalo, thanks for checking in with us. 

Since you've already tried some initial troubleshooting already - great work by the way! - could you also try the following steps in the exact order listed, and see if they do the trick?

• Click on the Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock.
  • Go to the avatar icon that should be on the top right corner of the Notifications panel.
  • Select Preferences...
  • Navigate to the Account tab.
  • Click anywhere in the window under the tab.
  • Hold down the 'Option/Alt' key.
  • Click on the Fix Hardlinks button (make sure you're still holding down the 'Option/Alt' key).
  • If you're asked for your computer's login credentials, enter them.
  • Wait a bit to see if Dropbox resumes syncing.

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, repeat steps 1-6, and select Fix Permissions, instead. 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi! I've repeated the steps you mention twice on both directions and it's still stucked. I'm getting new files recently created synced, but older ones that I need don't. I've checked trough the online site and I can download these older files but don't have access to them on the desktop app. I've really tried everything and it isn't working. Please help

Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out @Juan Arevalo!

Can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed?

Also, can you try temporarily moving the files that are not syncing outside of the Dropbox folder to see if the app will complete sync? 

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne,

I have the Dropbox version 106.4.368

I've also moved files out of the Dropbox folder and it's still not working.

Dropboxer

Hey @Juan Arevalo, thanks for getting back to us. 

Have you tried temporarily closing or disabling any security apps or antivirus that could be affecting this? 

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 4

Hi! I don't have any security apps or antivirus so I don't think that might be the issue.

Is there any way that I could get a meeting online with someone from support? It's been almost a month since I've been having this problem and nothing has worked.

Dropboxer

Your support options depend on the account that you have. 

You can find yours by logging in to the website and going to dropbox.com/support

As for the desktop app, since you've carried out such extensive troubleshooting - great work by the way! - could you send us a screenshot of your current status? 

Thanks in advance for your time and effort, @Juan Arevalo!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 4

Sure, here it is. It's been like that for the past month.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-10-08 a la(s) 4.34.38 p. m..png

Dropboxer

Thanks for that @Juan Arevalo!

It would be best to continue looking into this through our Support channel alongside some device specific info.

If you haven't already, please check out your available options from here.

You can let me know your ticket number (eg. #1234567) here so that I can pass along the info you've already provided here.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?