cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch Mac 3 devices

Synch Mac 3 devices

Explorer | Level 3

HELP

I've been a dropbox customer for years! But I'm so frustrated!

I stopped adding the DROPBOX app to all macs because of the synch issues. but I need to access the files quickly and easily on all 3 devices. As soon as I did all 3 devices are now full and cannot synch all hard drives are full.....even though I unselected the files (ie everything in my dropbox) I wanted to keep those in dropbox and now they have all transferred and swmaped all 3 devices. What can I do? I find the whole thing a nightmare. Can anyone helps 

5 Replies 5

Re: Synch Mac 3 devices

Dropboxer

Hey @RachelLouiseHolmes, thanks for checking in. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, is your Dropbox account full or your computers' hard drives?

Could you also clarify if you used computer backup to add your computer folders (like Downloads, Desktop, and Documents)? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

hello Thank you for your reply.

No its all the hard drives on my 3 x macs.

I wanted to add the dropbox app to all 3 so I can use the files and doc in my dropbox and save new work to dropbox.

BUT as soon as dropbox was added even though I unchecked all of the files in dropbox they have appeared on all of my devices I have no idea what to delete or how to put them back into dropbox.

Its all a mess thats taking me hours to sort out and I cant use my macs or get my emails as the hard drives are all full

Dropboxer

Even though your files may have synced locally, you can still use selective sync to save local storage. 

If you're on a paid subscription, you can also use Smart Sync, which is a space saving feature as well. 

Try these out and if you have any issues along the way, just give me another nudge. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

sorry thats not helpful at all 

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @RachelLouiseHolmes

Could you let me know exactly what happens when you try to use selective sync and/or Smart Sync?

Do you get any error messages?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?