cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Synching from mac to iPhone and vice versa

Synching from mac to iPhone and vice versa

ALLEN1024
New member | Level 2

I recetly upgraded from an iphone to an iphone 8.  Dropbox on the 8 no longer works. Downloaded the app again and set up a new account.  Unfortunately the new account name is different then the mac dropbox account name.  So they do not match.

1. Is there a way to sync back and forth between the two.

2. I cannot changed the mac account name.  It won't let me.  Also the account name is an email address that is no longer in service.

Bottom line is that I want to be able to add/modify files on both devices and have them synch.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @ALLEN1024,

1 - Between the two account - You can share folders.

2 - What You mean "It won't let me."? Just unlink (using Preferences->Account->Unlink) and link to Your new account. If there is some error message - share more related info.

Hope this clarifies the matter. :wink:

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Something else @ALLEN1024, Why You didn't update the email address in the existing account, instead new one creation? It would have been much easier. :thinking:

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?