cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Synchronization gone wrong

Highlighted

Synchronization gone wrong

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

this week I accessed the dropbox app (apple version) and opened an excel file thru the excel app in my phone. The excel app for some reason had an old version of the file I opened and it automically saved that old version of the file into my dropbox (cloud version). Basically I lost the last version of the file I had maintained previously thru my pc when opening it thru the excel app in my phone. 

not sure if this was an excel or dropbox issue but figured was worth reporting. Its worth mentioning that it is not the first time I use the excel app to access excel files saved on cloud computing services.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @luramen, thanks for checking in with us!

From what I understand, you opened the Excel file from the Dropbox mobile app and edited it through the Excel app on your mobile. 

Out of curiosity, could you please check the version history of the file from the web to see if there are any details regarding the last update to the file?

Also, if you access the file from the website, do you see the current or previous version?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

thanks for looking into this. I followed your instructions as to looking into the file history thru the website on my pc I and was able to restore the version I was looking for. After that I used the dropbox app in my phone and this time after refreshing it; I opened the file with the excel app and it brought up the version I had just restored via website.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards-LM

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Happy to help, @luramen

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout.

In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?