cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization problems caused by incomplete file editor

Synchronization problems caused by incomplete file editor

New member | Level 2

I'm a audio mixing engineer and I edit audio files a lot. However, the design of audio editors, such as iZotope RX, is usually quite incomplete. The metadata of audio files modified by it will reaming the same, including the size and the date of the last modification. But the contents of these files are indeed different. I have done some experiments, but I can’t find a way to compare files on local and Dropbox. In the case of the metadata of file is not modified, can Dropbox correctly synchronized files?

There is another problem. Turning Dropbox on often causes these audio editors not work as expected. After Dropbox and the computer are restarted, can it correctly find such files that were modified before the computer restarts and during the the app is shutdown? 

Thank you. Apologies for my unskilled English. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Synchronization problems caused by incomplete file editor

Dropboxer

Hi @peachsoda, thanks for contacting us!

Provided that the file has been edited, the changes would sync to the site and to other devices, even if the metadata hasn't been altered. Are you able to see any changes when viewing the file directly?

What error are you getting when attempting to view the files while Dropbox is running? Pausing the app during any edit of the files would allow them to sync when you unpause it afterwards. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?