cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing and Sharing

Synchronizing and Sharing

CuriouserAndCuriouser
New member | Level 2

I have a folder which is synchronized with a 3rd party app, which I also want to share with my work team.  When I try to share the folder I am stopped with a prompt that says:

"This folder can only be shared as a link because it contains a shared folder."

Not everyone on my team can access the folder through the 3rd party app and I'd like to share the folder so they can access via "view only" with the dropbox app via their own dropbox accounts.

Is this possible?  Alternatively, I have created a duplicate of this folder that I can share.  Is there a way to sync these two folders?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: Synchronizing and Sharing

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @CuriouserAndCuriouser; welcome to our Community!

I'm not exactly sure what's troubling you here; could you provide some additional information about your setup and what you'd like to achieve so that we can advise further? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?