cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Desktop won't stop

Highlighted

Syncing Desktop won't stop

New member | Level 2

Can someone please help me get my Dropbox to stop syncing my Desktop? I made sure backup isn't on in preferences and have deleted my Desktop folder from dropbox.com. It's just the one in my system tray that keeps trying to sync my desktop and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out how to stop it from doing that. Where are all the dropbox guru's at?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Syncing Desktop won't stop

Dropboxer

Hi @BoogieMan, let's see what we can do here. 

Since you've turned computer backup off, could you let me know the current syncing status of the desktop app? 

It would also be very helpful if you could send me a screenshot of what you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon. 

If you have any trouble attaching an image, you can send it to me as a shared link, instead. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?