cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Syncing Pictures with MacBrook Pro

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi - I use dropbox for my pictures. I recently switched from a PC to MacBook Pro and am now having trouble finding my pictures.

If anyone is familair with the interface, pictures from phones sync up to a folder on One Drive - where you can move, print, etc. This folder can be seen on a PC but canot be found anywher on MacBook Pro - i have checked everywhere in the dropbox folders on my MacBook but have had no luck.

Any insight would be greatly apprecited.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Syncing Pictures with MacBrook Pro

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @dhiss21,

If you’re not able to see your files on one of your devices, there’s a few things we can check. First, can you please check your selective sync settings on your Mac device to see if you have selected certain folders to not sync to that device? You can check the desktop app settings for this with the steps in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar.
  2. Click the gear icon (or profile picture if using the new desktop app) and choose Preferences…
  3. Go to the Sync tab.
  4. Click the option Selective sync… and check all folders are checked from the pop-up window.

If all your folders are already checked in the selective sync settings, please let me know the current sync status of your desktop app on both the PC and Mac device. 

Finally, you did mention you were also using OneDrive? Can you clarify for me if you are syncing your files between devices with OneDrive also?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?