cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Window 10 files is slowing my computer use since every action is a 10 minute wait time, why?

Highlighted

Syncing Window 10 files is slowing my computer use since every action is a 10 minute wait time, why?

Explorer | Level 3

Put the Desktop DropBox on my window 10 computer only to be left useless as it is syncing all the time.  I can't do my work with 10 minute wait times between each stroke.  I had to turn the syncing off to type this note.  Why can't I have set times to sync computer files to Dropbox...[ETC each time I do it, it says 3 to 4 Days]?  If this smart syncing needs to take place, I need to be able to turn it off.  I think it's trying to back up my entire hard drive.  Currently, I can't find any other way to make this process work while I'm using the computer.  The whole process is frustrating to me. 

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Syncing Window 10 files is slowing my computer use since every action is a 10 minute wait tim...

Dropboxer

Hey @flyday611, thanks for reaching out. 

Out of curiosity, are you running the latest stable version of the desktop app (109.4.517)? 

You can check that by hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Could you also let me know if you chose to sync all your folders from the website to your computer? 

Give me a nudge whenever you get the chance to check these out, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Syncing Window 10 files is slowing my computer use since every action is a 10 minute wait tim...

Explorer | Level 3

I thought I responded already.  where my response?  I'll try and answer again but I have to print it this time.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil,

The Desktop app version is 111.3.447.

No, I was not trying to backup the entire computer. I would if I could set times to perform this task. All I did after downloading and installing the app was turn my Laptop computer on. It starts backing up immediately.  I did find the shutoff button after waiting days for it to finish. It never finished.  I Do want to backup select files to folders I already have on Dropbox from the program or desktop.

I appreciate your assistance,

@Flyday611

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It looks like you're running the beta version of the desktop app, which means that you've opted in to Early Releases. 

Could you install the latest stable version (110.4.4580 instead, after unchecking the box next to "Include me in early releases" in your General tab online?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?