Dropbox files & folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Tables Cells Drag Drop List Items

Helpful | Level 6

DropBox Paper is such a fantastic tool, I'm trying to keep it as the main go-to, especially with handling Tasks as they are handed between team members, likea baton. My goal is to mimic a Kanban style Board in DropBox Paper.

What I'm trying to do now is setup a table with three columns: User A, User B, User C. Underneath each user, there will be the relevant tasks they currently own. Let's say User A has Task 1. Once User is done with Task 1, she would move that task to the User B column.

To accomplish this right now, the user has to highlight the text of that task, cut, move to User B column, then paste.

I'd prefer if there were a way to drag-drop a task between the cells.

The Paper "Tasks" feature, when entered in regular text area as opposed to tables area provides drag option. However, Paper does not provide that option when the task is created inside a table.

Paper's Task feature as a slide-out menu on the right does have some filtering, but it is too simple: it only provides "me" and "others". I want it to be clear on which user owns which task, and I want to have a single visibility into that.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get this done, much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Tables Cells Drag Drop List Items

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Fahim

I appreciate your interest in Paper, and I’m glad to hear that you’re using it in this way! As you have noticed, there are some functions of Paper that don’t work within tables, and what you’re asking for here is something that I’ll be filing as a feature request, because it currently isn’t doable. 

Have a great weekend! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Tables Cells Drag Drop List Items

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Fahim

I appreciate your interest in Paper, and I’m glad to hear that you’re using it in this way! As you have noticed, there are some functions of Paper that don’t work within tables, and what you’re asking for here is something that I’ll be filing as a feature request, because it currently isn’t doable. 

Have a great weekend! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?