cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Tables in Paper docs are not keeping their column sizes, any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I use tables a lot in Paper - they were ugly but useable and worked with a lot of separate tables in a doc.

The new paper tables update is all over the place for me ... the new tables don't hold their column sizes and then I can't fix them for some reason. Then I can fix them but then I change something in one and all the others lose their column sizing again.

Is it just me or is this a buggy thing? Cause I have to give up working with paper it is unuseable.

Thanks!

Deb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: new tables in paper

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @djaneb,

Could I ask you to try this out with another web browser to see if you see the same behaviour with the table not keeping the same column width? 

Also, please try an incognito/private browsing window to see if there are any potential extensions you have that may be affecting the behaviour too.

Finally, please try clearing your browser cache to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @djaneb,

Could I ask you to try this out with another web browser to see if you see the same behaviour with the table not keeping the same column width? 

Also, please try an incognito/private browsing window to see if there are any potential extensions you have that may be affecting the behaviour too.

Finally, please try clearing your browser cache to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for that. When I had the problem it was the same across a couple of browsers.

I cleared caches and rebooted and haven’t had the same problem since. Work colleagues using the same docs had the same problem and the solution was to clean up and reboot.

So, I basically decided that it was the transition to the new features and it needed a clean start and been great since and really enjoying the new features.

Thanks again for your reply.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’m glad to hear that the issue was resolved @djaneb!

Please don’t hesitate to let me know here if you have any other issues with this.

Hope you have a great start to the week - Thanks!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?