cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team member can't see files

Team member can't see files

smhsadmin
Explorer | Level 3

I have several people on my drobox team, none of them have issues, except the person I just added. She is unable to see updated files. She can only see the original files that were there when she installed. Any updates are not visible to her, and she is unable to save things to the folders. I've searched discussions, and none of the answers have worked (there are no unusual characters in the file names, her computer is syncing properly). She has uninstalled and reinstalled several times now. She is invited to the folders the way all of the other members are, what is she doing wrong? 

7 Replies 7

Re: Team member can't see files

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @smhsadmin, thanks for messaging today!

Are you on a paid Dropbox Business team, or did you add the user to a shared folder?

Are you certain that they've added the folder to their account, and that they have enough quota to add it?

Can they see the folders on the Dropbox site, but not the computer?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

smhsadmin
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, she is certain she has added the folder. She can see files on both the documents folder on her computer, as well as the website, but she can't see all of the documents. For example, when I upload a new document, she is unable to see it. 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @smhsadmin, could you ask the user in question to check how much space they have available?

They can do this by going to their Plan tab online. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

smhsadmin
Explorer | Level 3
Plenty of space, only using 289mb.

Jay
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, they can see the exact same documents on both the site and the computer. 

However when you upload a file, they don't appear. Are they not appearing on the site on their account, or just not the computer?

If they upload a file, are you able to see any changes? Does the folder icon has a two-person icon on it?

Could you provide screenshots of what you see and what they see on the site. Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

smhsadmin
Explorer | Level 3

Plenty of space, only using 289mb.

Jay
Dropboxer
It seems that you replied with the same answer as before. Could you assist me by providing the information request in my last post? Thanks! 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?