cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team member not able to upload to folder

Highlighted

Team member not able to upload to folder

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, we have a folder set up for 3 team members.  One of them says he's not able to upload files even though he has the same permissions as everyone else.  He says there's no option to upload, and dragging files into the window doesn't do anything either.  Can anyone help?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Team member not able to upload to folder

Collaborator | Level 8
Hey perspectives! Hope you're doing well buddy!
This other User had the same issue as you have!
Hope the staff's answer help you out too!
Take care <3

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below.
Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, but I'm not sure this is applicable to us, as none of us ever subscribed to become a Business account.  Seems like sharing files together is supposed to be a basic function of Dropbox?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Perspectives Digital!

Sharing folders is indeed one of the core features of Dropbox, however we do also have Business team which can share within team folders.

For the issue that they're having uploading to this shared folder, would you mind clarifying if they're using the website, desktop app or mobile app to upload the files?

Also, do they receive any errors when they try and use the drag and drop steps?

Finally, how was the folder shared with them? Was it through a shared link or by adding their email address to the folder through the sharing window?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, he's using the Dropbox website.  Drag and drop does not appear to work.  There is no option to upload.  

The folder was shared by adding his email address through the sharing window.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Perspectives Digital!

Since they're using the website, if they have editing access to the folder they should see the option to upload files from the right hand side of the website. Here's what it should look like:Upload files option.jpg

If they're no seeing these options, could you please double check for me that in the sharing window, next to their name it shows "Can edit" rather than "Can View". 

Also, if possible, please send me a screenshot of the options they do see (excluding any personal info).

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, I can confirm that he Can Edit the folder.  The folder we are trying to get him to share files to is a subfolder inside the main folder that we gave access to.

Here's a screenshot of what he sees on his end.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-30 at 1.29.14 PM.jpeg

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for that screenshot @Perspectives Digital!

It looks like they're accessing this folder through a shared link rather than directly in their account.

If they check the "All files" tab online here, can they see the folder there? If not, can they have a look in their sharing tab here to see if the folder needs adding to their account?

Also, are they currently signed in online with the Dropbox account that the folder was shared with?

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?