cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Photos page is changing...

The Photos page is changing...

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I've just seen the banner that says "The Photos page is changing on 30 June 2017 but your pictures will stay safe in your Dropbox account. Learn more". The gist is that they are removing the final remants of the Carousel functionality - which makes me wonder what the point was in purchasing it in the first place:

"After that date, you’ll no longer be able to create or share albums on the web, or browse photos in the current timeline view. However, all your photos will remain safe in your Dropbox account."

Even funnier, it says:

"Creating a better photos experience

We’re continuing to work on new photos and file experiences on dropbox.com. As we learn more about how our users prefer to work with photos, we’ll launch improvements to the experience."

With these changes there will be no photos experience that is any different to normal files. If they remove camera uploads, that would be the last straw for me and I'll be moving to a different service.

302 Replies 302

Suetycat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
So, does this mean we can still put photos that automatically go to "photo experience" into new folders?

guyeye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
As a photographer/producer, I use dropbox albums to quickly share collections of potential props, locations, talent, etc. Basically anything my client has to make a decision about. I also share proof galleries for clients to make final selections from. Elimination of this functionality is the final nail in the coffin. Bye-bye Dropbox- it was great while it lasted!

Daniel G.52
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use Dropbox for many reasons, but one of the most important were the photo albums. I actually deactivated my Gmail account knowing I could let go of Google Photos and store/share my photos only using Dropbox. I rely heavily on albums to share photos, for example combining individual photos from many folders to send my family, friends or colleagues. It's just not efficient to create new folders for that purpose. I've been expecting MORE functionality for photo albums, not less. The end of photo albums is a terrible idea and might make me change my mind about continuing my Dropbox membership. There's time to rethink this, guys.

Mike H.57
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Organization based on folders will be a huge pain. If you want to show different subsets of the photos to different people, you will have to manually organize them in a folder, making copies as necessary ? Ugh ... no thanks.

Mike H.57
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

+1 for Daniel G.52

Mike H.57
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is a serious negative. What is Dropbox thinking? And wouldn't you know it, I had just renewed for a year ...  

linkblue
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am so with you on this, I'm really pissed off that they won't automatically create folders out of the albums I have. And there isn't even a way to go into the album and batch move them all into a new folder. Only into a new album or download them. And there's a limit for how much will download at once. I guess this is the problem with relying on a software like this. =/

franky
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This announcement sounds like it was written by Sean Spicer. How exactly is this improving my photo experience? The current capability works pretty well for me. Seems like a big step backwards. What were they thinking?

in57
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yep, it's time for bye bye to dropbox.

linkblue
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm still just trying to figure out what I'm going to do about all the hours I spent creating albums! Thankfully my son is only 2 because I've been doing picture highlights for every year for him.

Dropbox, if any employees actually read this, PLEASE put all of our albums into folders AT LEAST!

Need more support?