cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: The Photos page is changing...

Helpful | Level 6

@cdysthe wrote:
It's because the money is in enterprise storage, not us maybe paying $10/month. I think Dropbox is making a mistake though since there are many storing their photos on Dropbox who also are decision-makers when it comes to corporate cloud storage.

That's just it - they didn't have to spend any additional money because it was already done. They had to spend money to remove it. Your second point is true, though. In my case, I am moving every business I manage to something else because I don't want to deal with the fallout of not having albums, which all but one of my clients use. The major issue has been the lack of clear communication. I don't particularly like Google, but their communication is better than what I've seen at Dropbox, so I'm willing to give them a shot. Management is also a little better, but I was fine with the Dropbox management console as well. This really comes down to photos.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

For me, they got to learn from the team in China. Rolling out good new features so fast that competitor can't catch up with it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

So yeah, I'm out.

Thousands of photo's sorted in many many albums, all gone and no way to keep it.

No really, download everything for days and then spend more days resorting them and uploading them again with duplicates or only one level of sorting?

What could possibly be a good reason for removing this simple feature of adding a piece of meta data to your photos...

Disaster.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Ok I'll bite.  What Chinese service are you plugging?  "Rolling out good new features so fast that competitor can't catch up with it."

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Are you talking about http://photowranglr.com ? It's not a Chinese service. Looks like a landing page MVP - meaning, they're trying to gauge interest before they build and release. If you find that service valuable, I'd sign up for their e-mail notification to be notified when its ready (I did).
Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10
Dude. Stop peddlaning photwranglr. It’s clear you are a sock puppet with no other purpose than to promote it. Every single one of your posts mentions it. Can a mod do something about this?
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I just strongly believe in making positive change for DropBox photos, which is clearly a big point of consternation. Plus, the guy above asked. I'm sorry you have a problem with this.
Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

No.  No I was not asking about photowranglr.  I was asking  Pin L.  He has some secret Chinese software that evidently kicks so much ass he can't tell us what it is.  XD.  This thread is great.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

I was looking into what to do with my albums. I assumed there would at least be a way to convert an album to a folder, or at least select all pictures and moved them to a folder, but I can't find either option. Am I overlooking something? If that is not possible having Albums go away be much more of a problem. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Chiming in to voice my extreme frustration with this ridiculous feature takeaway. As a paying Dropbox user, the loss of albums is a deal killer for me. This just hit my radar, one week ahead of the 7/17 decimation of albums, and only because I logged on to my desktop.

There has been zero notification on my Android app.

I spent the last several hours following their ridiculously cumbersome workaround - download dozens of albums (with tens of thousands of pictures) so you can upload them again as folders - brilliant change management Dropbox product managers #sarcasm.

To no surprise my computer disc is now full, as someone previously posted, if I had that much space on my computer why would I need Dropbox?

Horrible customer service Dropbox. This is simply unacceptable.

Like many of you, I'm looking for alternatives now. Happy to take my loyalty and my money elsewhere and tell anyone I know that Dropbox is to be avoided for business and personal needs, because they cannot be trusted to manage feaures appropriately or keep the customer's needs as a top priority.
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?