cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Photos page is changing...

The Photos page is changing...

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I've just seen the banner that says "The Photos page is changing on 30 June 2017 but your pictures will stay safe in your Dropbox account. Learn more". The gist is that they are removing the final remants of the Carousel functionality - which makes me wonder what the point was in purchasing it in the first place:

"After that date, you’ll no longer be able to create or share albums on the web, or browse photos in the current timeline view. However, all your photos will remain safe in your Dropbox account."

Even funnier, it says:

"Creating a better photos experience

We’re continuing to work on new photos and file experiences on dropbox.com. As we learn more about how our users prefer to work with photos, we’ll launch improvements to the experience."

With these changes there will be no photos experience that is any different to normal files. If they remove camera uploads, that would be the last straw for me and I'll be moving to a different service.

302 Replies 302

Sam D.14
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Strangely the sharing a single link to multiple photos still works from the latest version of the iOS app. 

Robert R.55
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Their new system is aweful and no instructions.  Worthless.  The job of their staff in responding to us is to respond but not react.

Charlie S.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Several years ago I weighed up my options and concluded that Dropbox was the best Cloud storage provider for my growing needs. A large part of this decision was that I found it to have increasingly excellent photo upload/storage/management tools. The greatest bulk of my storage is taken up with photos and videos which I want to keep safe and also be able to share easily.

Dropbox has ever since been slowly removing all of the functionality which made me choose them in the first place. Removing the Albums is the last straw. I am a paying customer and I find the lack of communication insulting from a company I had previously had nothing but praise for.

There has been no viable alternative provided for me to have been able to keep my album structure - it was simply not practical to download all the 200GB worth of photos as individual zip files of 1GB onto a harddrive, reorganise them into folders and then re-upload them again. Not to mention the issue of duplication of photos featuring within multiple albums.

It is very sad to lose trust in a company I have been loyal to for almost 10 years. I can see no way of recovering my recently paid yearly subscription, so it looks like I will have to soldier on with a solution no longer fit for my purposes, but I will more than likely jump ship to Google as soon as I can.

nicleev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been trying to download my albums for over an hour now... not happening

I have spent hours organising my photos into albums, looks like I have lost everything

The only reason I upgraded my db was to keep my photos safe and off my PC and be able to organise them easily,

what a joke

Will be cancelling both business and personal accounts 

Mainjudi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I suggest everyone gets onto their FB page. I used https://mainjudiqq.com to use Flickr who has a better interface for making albums. I will go back an look at that but other suggestions will be great.

Sarah N.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using Flickr which is great at making and sharing albums. However, still trying to work out how to keep the titles captions when downloaded. 

Charles L.5
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
In fact, Dropbox built its base by offering free (limited) photo storage with good tools. I don't think it calculated that in this downgrade.

Charles L.5
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Have you actually tried it? It let's you SELECT several files, but only creates a link to one.

kfrancis
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Agreed! So very disappointing.

Drakhar
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

As I have feared they have completly killed Photo segment of their bussines.

Disgusting....

A sad, sad day for Dropbox users worldwide.

Need more support?