cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Photos page is changing...

The Photos page is changing...

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I've just seen the banner that says "The Photos page is changing on 30 June 2017 but your pictures will stay safe in your Dropbox account. Learn more". The gist is that they are removing the final remants of the Carousel functionality - which makes me wonder what the point was in purchasing it in the first place:

"After that date, you’ll no longer be able to create or share albums on the web, or browse photos in the current timeline view. However, all your photos will remain safe in your Dropbox account."

Even funnier, it says:

"Creating a better photos experience

We’re continuing to work on new photos and file experiences on dropbox.com. As we learn more about how our users prefer to work with photos, we’ll launch improvements to the experience."

With these changes there will be no photos experience that is any different to normal files. If they remove camera uploads, that would be the last straw for me and I'll be moving to a different service.

302 Replies 302

Sam D.14
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am surprised that this change hasn't got any coverage at all in the technology press.

I wrote up a quick summary: https://boldsparks.com/dropbox-photos-changes

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Nothing like reading and reread the change for photos that took place on 7/17!!! It also does not help when trying to deliver a job on time.
I am disgusted and despite many attempts I am NOT GETTING the gist.

Anyone have step by step directions?

Thanks,

IBH

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same old lame stuff, "our engineers......"

I finally got a pro account and it's disgusting that they have not given step by step. You take the joy out of photography!

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh please. Silly and toxic DB.

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Qbis,

Exactly my sentiments.

Disgusting.

IBH

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I wondered if anyone has a link to refund my money. Photos is now counterintuitive.

ad21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Agree, i had spent HOURS AND DAYS making my albums and I did follow their prior save and download instructions but it only saved my photos individually, and now I can't even group my photos into files or folders. I feel like I have been photo raped, I have invested so much time and energy into dropbox and will be stopping my subscription unless you can restore my albums. DONE!

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I found out that you can still post photos, but they have to be in the "Files" folder. That's all they had to say rather than some inarticulate garble about how photos will be better. So, its format is a bit different but at least you can upload a folder.

IBH

kabulloft
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not only do I have problems seeing any photos in dropbox on my computer, I am having difficulties even getting access to any support.  I have been having a number of problems with dropbox and whenever I try to go to the support page I see an empty page.  Any support would be appreciated.

JunHill850B
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am here to share my ultimate frustration with this new photo page update.  You have effectively deleted the entire reason that I signed up for Dropbox.  I use it for my business primarily which is interior design.  My photos are automatically uploaded and then I organized them into folders according to my jobs.  I used these with my clients to view the rooms we are working on, and can share the folders with them as we work.  We also used it to easily share hundreds of photos with our website design team.  Up until now, it has been a very powerful tool.

Now, that you have deleted all of my albums, and only show a screen of tiny thumbnails (with no ability to make them large enough to view), I have lost several hundred hours of time and money.  Your "solution" of downloading each of my albums to a zip file onto my computer is worthless.  Why even use dropbox if I can't easily access my photos?  If I wanted to download all my photos to my computer, I would just sync with my phone. 

If Dropbox does not allow me to regain access to my photos other than useless little thumbnails in no particuliar order, then I will need to find an alternative cloud source.  What a shame.  Until now, I have recommended Dropbox to everyone I know. 

Need more support?