Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The desktop app on my computer started re-syncing all of my files out of the blue. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dropbox Forced to resync all my files after auto update to v90.4.307 There is no way to stop auto update and the resync/reindex is unavoidable. (I called the support)

Now Im stuck and I cant sync and share new files to my clients. (I have 15TB of files on the que to sync.) 

There was no warning on this...

Anything I can do besides waiting it to finish the sync?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox re-sync all my files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @simoncfyu; welcome to the Community!

From the sounds of it, it looks like you may have recently experienced a case where the Dropbox desktop application had to re-index some of the files in your local Dropbox folder.

This can happen in some cases if there are updates made to the Dropbox desktop application and it's important to note that this process does not affect or remove any of the files in your Dropbox folder.

Like many programs and applications, Dropbox may automatically update to the latest version from time to time as these updates are rolled out gradually when a new update is available, and are crucial to keep the desktop app functioning.

You cannot disable or turn off auto-updates.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but, at this point, I'd suggest leaving the app to sync until it shows it's 'Up to date' while you could also change your bandwidth settings according to your needs to boost this process up. 

I hope this helps to a certain extent and I'm always a post away if you have any questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?