cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "DropboxOEM" folder is taking up 17GB of my already small drive.

The "DropboxOEM" folder is taking up 17GB of my already small drive.

iTrxpical
Explorer | Level 3

The "DropboxOEM" folder is taking up 17GB of my already small drive. I don't use dropbox, how can I even remove it - is there any downsides to removing it?

File struction with location:

- User

- <user>
     - AppData

- Roaming

- DropboxOEM
              - download (the specific one with 17GB in)

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @iTrxpical, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Just to make sure that I have a better visual of this, could you let me know what sort of content is listed when you open the "download" folder? 

Could you also confirm if you've set up and signed into the desktop app on your computer? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

iTrxpical
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Lusil!

I have never used Dropbox on my computer, and therefore haven't signed in at all - it seemed to have came deafult installed on my PC. I have 2 drives, my C and D drive. The C drive is where it's located currently, and that's a small drive intended just for core windows use. My D drive is where I actually save files. The "download" folder in the "DropboxOEM" folder has 17 GB of files inside, and that only is leaving my C drive with 1.5 GB of space.

As of the files/folders within the <user>/AppData/Roaming/DropboxOEM/download folder, it seems to be random strings, for example "0ibbdqrj.v1e" on 7th January 2020. There are in total 183 of these folders, all within the same directory at around 100MB each (so you see how it builds up quickly).

Would simpily uninstalling dropbox (since I don't use it) delete this vast amount of data, I don't wish to delete the folder incase it messes stuff up incase I do wish to use dropbox in the future but I do need this 17GB of space back.

Look forward for your reply.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If you're not using the Dropbox desktop application, and it is installed on your machine, try uninstalling it completely using these steps.

Once it's uninstalled, you should be able to delete that folder from your machine.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    iTrxpical Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?