cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action??

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action??

dmccarthyhale
New member | Level 2

I have been using Dropbox for years. My phone is set to automatically add photos to my camera uploads file, in Dropbox. Recently, when attempting to open files to edit, share and so forth, I've been getting an error stating "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this schedule. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. 

I have gone to the Default Apps Settings page and have no idea what I'm looking for to set. This has always worked without trouble in the past. 

Please forward directions. 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action??

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @dmccarthyhale - welcome to the Dropbox Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Can you first make sure you are on the latest version of our mobile app (and your mobile device's latest Operating System's update for that matter)? We're currently on 98.2 for iOS devices and on 96.2.4 for Android ones. 

From what I understand, the error you get is probably generated by your device due to the lack of the association with a 3rd party app, service or program that is capable of opening the type of files you try to open and edit (JPGs for example) but could you please send a screenshot to have a better visual of this and verify if this is the problem at hand?

I will be waiting for your  reply to dig deeper into this so we can hopefully reach a resolution soon. Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action??

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @dmccarthyhale - welcome to the Dropbox Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Can you first make sure you are on the latest version of our mobile app (and your mobile device's latest Operating System's update for that matter)? We're currently on 98.2 for iOS devices and on 96.2.4 for Android ones. 

From what I understand, the error you get is probably generated by your device due to the lack of the association with a 3rd party app, service or program that is capable of opening the type of files you try to open and edit (JPGs for example) but could you please send a screenshot to have a better visual of this and verify if this is the problem at hand?

I will be waiting for your  reply to dig deeper into this so we can hopefully reach a resolution soon. Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?